Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Essentials

Your Tools

1) An Amazon Affiliate Account

You can sign up for one right now.  It is completely free.  Simply visit this site: 

2) A Domain Name

A domain name is the address of your site.  It is what everyone has to type into the address bar to visit your online store.  The domain name is not to be rushed into.  You should decide your domain name after you decide what you want to sell, and what you want your store to be called.  The domain name should, of course, be related to what you are selling.  It should also be easy to remember and not too long.

Domain names can be bought separate from hosting, or together as a package.  I recommend the latter, if this is your first site.

To buy separate domain names, I recommend Godaddy.com 

For a hosting and a domain name, I recommend Bluehost.com

3) Hosting

A web host is where you put your site; it is where you upload all your files and pictures.  It is the server in which your site lives.  Web hosting usually costs around $8 a month, in some places $4 a month.  Cost depends on how big your site is and how many people visit it each month.  Web hosting sites usually have different cost structures depending on how much hard drive space you want.  In our case, the lowest or mid-range plan will work just fine.

For hosting, I recommend Bluehost.com.  They are the most popular hosting company, and one of the most reliable.  It will cost you only $4.95 a month.

4) Fresh Store Builder

Fresh Store Builder is a product that I used to make my Amazon Affiliate sites for me.  It is cheap relative to the time I saved learning how to build sites from scratch.  With Fresh Store Builder, you won't need to know HTML or CSS, and you can make as many stores as you want.  This is a real time saver.  I had five stores running in my first month, and now I have eleven.  The sites were built for me in minutes, so I had more time to advertise my sites and get them ranked on Google.

You can buy Fresh Store Builder at Freshstorebuilder.com.

That's all the things.  You don't need any more things.

For every site you build, you will, of course, need another domain name and another hosting plan.  This seems like it costs a lot of money, but you will make it back with successful stores.  The domains cost $12 each per year, the hosting plans cost $120 each for the first two years, and Fresh Store Builder costs around $60 (I don't remember exactly how much it costs, it has been a while).  That is almost $200 to get your first site up and running.  But think about this: my least successful store right now made $230 last month, and my most successful store made $4,220 last month!  So these are powerful tools, and they pay for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment